Ultrasound, Echocardiography & Ankle Brachial Indicies
Useful in Diagnosing:
- Prenatal growth & development
- Assessing blood vessels, organs, musculoskeletal and soft tissue structures
- Evaluating heart muscle & valve function
- Screening for peripheral vascular disease
Medication & Dietary Requirements
- Depending on the type of exam, specific requirements will be discussed upon booking
- For fasting exams, medication can be taken with a sip of water only.
- Loose, comfortable clothing
- No jewlery
- Examination gowns are provided as necessary
Complete List of Patient Prep Instructions
What is Ultrasound?
Ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves to acquire diagnostic images.
An Expansion of Service
CAMIS is excited to announce that we are expanding into Sylvan Lake. CAMIS Sylvan Lake is scheduled to open in late March 2016. Please click here for more information.
In 2014 Lindsay Painchaud was hired as the Clinical Coordinator for MSK Ultrasound. We have expanded the area to include ultrasound guided pain management procedures. Please click here for more information.
In 2013 CAMIS expanded, providing teleultrasound services in Olds and Stettler.
In 2011, CAMIS expanded its service to include First Trimester Combined Screen. (Nuchal Translucency)
In 2008, CAMIS expanded its service to include limited Ankle Brachial Indices (ABI) examinations.
CAMIS offers a complete range of ultrasound procedures including:
- Obstetrical Evaluations
- Health Canada Obstetrical Ultrasound Guidelines.
- Policy Statement on Non-medical Use of Fetal Ultrasound.
- Fertility Programs - Uninsured Services.
- Pelvic with or without Transvaginal Scanning
- Small parts
- Breast Biopsy click here
- Carotid arteries
- Deep vein thrombosis studies
- Musculoskeletal studies
CAMIS offers practicum positions for students enrolled in the diagnostic sonography program at SAIT and NAIT.
Congratulations to our 2017 scholarship recipients:
NAIT- Angela Vanderburg from Erskine is the NAIT winner of the CAMIS 2017 ultrasound entrance scholarship.
SAIT- Rachael Odersky from Olds is the SAIT winner of the CAMIS 2017 ultrasound entrance scholarship.
For Further Information
Please contact Janine Burant, Manager Ultrasound/Echocardiography.